Makes 4 servings
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 16 oz bonesless chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- Mix soy sauce, water, honey, and cornstarch in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add garlic and sauce for one minute.
- Add chicken. Cook for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add vegetables and cook until slightly tender. Push to the side of the skillet.
- Pour soy sauce mixture into center of the skillet. Stir sauce until it thickens.
- Mix in with chicken and vegetables.
- Serve over brown rice.
***Feel free to swap in any vegetables you already have for this recipe. Try carrots, mushrooms, sugar snap peas, or cauliflower.