The humble cabbage may not seem like a superfood in the classic sense. But this everyday vegetable is packed with vitamins C and K and folate, and boasts immunity and digestion.
- Cut in half through the core.
- Cut the halves into quarters.
- Cut away the core.
- Lay each quarter flat and slice into thin strips.
Here’s a delicious recipe you can try at home:
Asian Style Coleslaw
Makes 12 servings
- 5 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
- ½ cup peanuts, almonds, or cashews
- ⅔ cup light Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Mix together the cabbage, oranges, and nuts in a large bowl.
- Mix Italian dressing and soy sauce in a small bowl. Pour over cabbage and mix well.
Recipe courtesy of Maryland Food Supplemental Nutrition Education Program.