Zucchini and yellow squash are packed with many important vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They also have high fiber content and a low calorie count.
- Cut in half lengthwise.
- Cut crosswise into half-moons.
- Cook with oil over medium heat until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Serve warm.
Here’s a delicious recipe you can try at home:
Sautéed Zucchini & Squash
Makes 4 servings
- 2 yellow squash, cut into half moons
- 2 zucchini, cut into half moons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add zucchini and squash. Cook, stirring occasionally, until squash and zucchini are lightly browned and tender.
- Stir in garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook for 30 seconds more and serve warm.