Eggplant are heart-friendly and help to bring down bad cholesterol levels. Rich in fiber, eggplants can also improve the functions of the digestive system.
- Slice eggplant crosswise into thin circles.
- Brush with oil and bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with marinara sauce.
Here’s a delicious recipe you can try at home:
Makes 4 servings
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash eggplant and cut crosswise into half-inch circles.
- Place eggplant slices onto large baking sheet. Sprinkle with oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Flip eggplant slices and sprinkle other side with oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes until eggplant is soft and golden, flipping halfway through.
- Can be served with marinara sauce.
Recipe courtesy of wholesomeyum.com.