As Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee celebrates its 46th year of fighting hunger across their 46-county service area, it invites Middle and West Tennessee to join their annual initiative, “Spread the Love.” Throughout February, Second Harvest is asking the community to donate peanut butter, nut butter, jellies, and other spreadable foods. “Spread the Love” not only showcases Second Harvest’s 46 yearlong commitment to fighting hunger but also offers a simple and impactful way for everyone to join the fight.
Because of its nutritional value, long shelf life, and widespread popularity, spreadable foods like peanut butter are some of the most needed items at Second Harvest. “Spread the Love” donations will help Second Harvest continue to stock the shelves at their 420 Partner Agencies, as well as provide a nutritional foundation in their Emergency Food Boxes.
“Spreadables and nut butters continue to be our most sought-after item, but they are not routinely donated to Second Harvest,” said Second Harvest President and CEO Nancy Keil. “We know our friends in Middle and West Tennessee will Spread the Love with us so we can ensure that we have plenty of our most-needed items.”
To further celebrate “Spread the Love,” On February 15, Second Harvest will be hosting a food drive with the Nashville Predators. Donation bins will be located at arena entrances, and guests are encouraged to bring spreadables, nut butters, or other canned goods to donate.
Second Harvest is also teaming up with several businesses for the campaign including the below.
Activations through Month of February:
- Chrysalis Modern Italian will donate half of the proceeds from their Peanut Butter & Chocolate Panna Cotta dessert during the month of February.
- Tempered Fine Chocolates is donating $3 from every purchase of their Peanut Butter Mugs for the entire month. Mugs can be purchased online or in store.
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream is contributing $2 from every pint of Salted Peanut Butter sold at a Jeni’s locations in Second Harvest’s service area during Spread the Love.
- Jasper’s is featuring a Spread the Love special Chocolate Peanut Butter Sundae and will contribute $1 from each sundae sold to Second Harvest.
- Ole Smokey is contributing $1 to Spread the Love for every bottle of their Peanut Butter Whiskey purchased.
- Yee-Haw Brewing Company will donate $1 from every Peanut Butter Stout sold from their 6th & Peabody taproom during the campaign.
Activations on Specific Days:
- February 1st–18th: Dutch Bros. Coffee is celebrating with “Dutch Luv” by donating $1 from each Dutch Luv Latte, Dutch Luv Rebel, and Dutch Luv Shake sold at locations in Second Harvest’s service area.
- February 15th: The Nashville Predators are spreading the love with their annual food drive ahead of their matchup against the Dallas Stars.
- February 19th–25th: Jack Brown’s Beer and Burger Joint is donating $1 for each Elvis burger and $1 for every pint of Tailgate’s Peanut Butter Milk Stout sold at their three locations in Nashville and Murfreesboro.
- February 27th: Hi-Wire brewing will donate four meals for every purchase of their Leisure Time Lager, Lo-Pitch Hazy IPA, Hi-Pitch IPA, and Pink Lemonade Session Sour at their Division Street taproom.
Additional ways to get involved and more information can be found at https://www.secondharvestmidtn.org/love/.