Food Sorting – Smyrna
LocationNacarato Distribution Center
Mornings – Tuesday, Friday, and the first and third Saturdays of each month 9:00-11:30 a.m.
Afternoons – Wednesday 1:30-4:00 p.m.
Evenings – the second Wednesday of each month 5:30-8:00 p.m.
Join us in the Smyrna warehouse for a fast-paced shift of fighting hunger!
Volunteers are needed to assist with evaluating, sorting, and packing food donations from grocery stores, food drives, and farms for distribution across Middle and West Tennessee. Projects vary and may include:
- Evaluating, sorting, and packing non-perishable food donations from grocery stores and food drives
- Packing food bags/boxes for children and seniors at risk of food insecurity
This volunteer project takes place in a warehouse environment. Please dress appropriately for the environment and activities.
- Closed-toe shoes are required for all volunteers’ safety. No exceptions.
- Masks are welcome, but not required.
- Wear comfortable clothing that you don’t mind getting a little dirty. You’ll be standing/walking the entire shift.
Volunteers under the age of 18 MUST have the Youth Volunteer Waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Please review our Volunteer Policies and Procedures.
This project is not eligible for Court Appointed community service hours.
To register a group, ignore the buttons below and fill out this online form instead.