TN Promise Community Service – Nashville
This opportunity is only for students ages 12+ needing to complete community service hours for the Tennessee Promise scholarship.
Shifts are open now to meet the Dec. 2 Tennessee Promise deadline
Join us in the warehouse for a fast-paced shift of fighting hunger!
Volunteers are needed to assist with evaluating, sorting, and packing food donations from grocery stores, food drives, and farms for distribution across middle and West Tennessee. Projects vary and may include:
• Evaluating, sorting, and packing non-perishable food donations from grocery stores and food drives
• Evaluating, sorting, and packing frozen or perishable food donations from grocery stores in our 40-degree cooler
• Bagging bulk produce into family-sized portions
• Packing food bags/boxes for children and seniors at risk of food insecurity
This volunteer project takes place in a warehouse environment. Please dress appropriately for the environment and activities.
• Closed-toe shoes are required for all volunteers’ safety. No exceptions.
• Wear comfortable clothing that you don’t mind getting a little dirty. You’ll be standing/walking the entire shift.
• Bring a sweatshirt or light jacket: You may work in the 40-degree cooler.
Volunteers under the age of 18 MUST have the Youth Volunteer Waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Volunteers must create an account and click “I am a Tennessee Promise student” to view and sign up for shifts. Students must sign up for the designated Tennessee Promise shifts to receive credit for service hours.
When submitting your Tennessee Promise community service hours, please list Kelsey Upton as your supervisor. She can be reached at 615-627-1581 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Volunteer Policies and Procedures.
This project is NOT eligible for Court Ordered community service hours.