MLK Week of Service
LocationNashville, Camden, and Smyrna
Friday, January 14 – Friday, January 21
Camden – 68 Benton Industrial Lane, Camden, TN
Nashville – 331 Great Circle Road, Nashville, TN
Smyrna – 1958 Almaville Road, Smyrna, TN
Join us to engage in volunteer service in honor of the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s commitment to serving others!
Volunteers are needed to assist with evaluating, sorting, and packing food donations from grocery stores, food drives, and farms for distribution across Middle and West Tennessee. Projects vary and may include:
• Evaluating, sorting, and packing non-perishable food donations from grocery stores and food drives
• Evaluating, sorting, and packing frozen or perishable food donations from grocery stores in our 40-degree cooler
• Bagging bulk produce into family-sized portions
• Packing food bags/boxes for children and seniors at risk of food insecurity
This volunteer project takes place in a warehouse environment. Please dress appropriately for the environment and activities.
• Closed-toe shoes are required for all volunteers’ safety. No exceptions.
• Wear comfortable clothing that you don’t mind getting a little dirty. You’ll be standing/walking the entire shift.
• Bring a sweatshirt or light jacket: You may work in the 40-degree cooler.
Volunteers under the age of 18 MUST have the Youth Volunteer Waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Youth volunteer safety ratio is 1 adult volunteer to every 7 volunteers under age 18.
Please review our Volunteer Policies and Procedures.
This project is not eligible for Court Appointed or Tennessee Promise community service hours.