Food Sorting – Nashville
Tuesday through Thursday, 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30 – 11:00 am
Saturday, 9:00 am – noon and 1:30 – 4:00 pm
Join us in the warehouse for a fast-paced shift of fighting hunger!
Volunteers are needed to assist with evaluating, sorting, and packing food donations from grocery stores, food drives, and farms for distribution across Middle and West Tennessee. Projects vary and may include:
• Evaluating, sorting, and packing non-perishable food donations from grocery stores and food drives
• Evaluating, sorting, and packing frozen or perishable food donations from grocery stores in our 40-degree cooler
• Bagging bulk produce into family-sized portions
• Packing food bags/boxes for children and seniors at risk of food insecurity
This volunteer project takes place in a warehouse environment. Please dress appropriately for the environment and activities.
• Closed-toe shoes are required for all volunteers’ safety. No exceptions.
• Masks are required for all volunteers’ safety. No exceptions.
• Wear comfortable clothing that you don’t mind getting a little dirty. You’ll be standing/walking the entire shift.
• Bring a sweatshirt or light jacket: You may work in the 40-degree cooler.