** Family Nights will return in August – have a great summer! **
When: Thursday, 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Calling all hunger heroes! Family Night volunteers assist with a variety of kid-friendly projects that enable Second Harvest to provide millions of meals each month to our hungry neighbors in Middle and West Tennessee. Projects vary and may include:
• Packing BackPacks, which are weekend food bags distributed through schools to children at risk of hunger
• Bagging bulk produce into family-sized portions
• Assembling monthly food boxes for senior citizens struggling with food insecurity
• Packing meal bags for community centers, schools, and other agencies that feed hungry kids and adults
This fast-paced project takes place in a warehouse environment. Please dress appropriately for the environment and activities.
• Closed-toe shoes are required for all volunteers’ safety. No exceptions.
• Wear comfortable clothing that you don’t mind getting a little dirty. You’ll be standing/walking the entire shift.
Volunteers under the age of 18 MUST have the Youth Volunteer Waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Youth volunteer safety ratio: one adult volunteer to every seven volunteers under age 18.
Please review our Volunteer Policies and Procedures.
This project is NOT eligible for Court Appointed or Tennessee Promise community service hours.