Thank you for helping us to make March all about nutrition.
We know that food impacts health and that good food is medicine. This month served as a time to bring awareness to the role that Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee plays in the health and well-being of our community. In case you missed some of the stories we shared about our efforts, you can learn more here:
- Learn about our partnership with LifePoint to build healthier communities.
- Hear details about changes we’ve made to ensure our clients receive fresh, nutrient-rich food and resources to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Check out our Q&A with our on-staff Dietitian.
- Learn about the ways we’re meeting the unique health needs of seniors.
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at a healthy lesson at an after-school feeding site.
- Try a tasty, healthy recipe from a Generous Helpings featured chef!
Watch the video below to learn about the relationship between food insecurity and health. Even though March has ended, we hope you will keep these lesson front of mind throughout the year. You can still make a donation today to help provide a family in need with a healthy meal.