Makes 6 servings
- Rinse lentils and remove any debris
- Bring to a boil in water
- Cover and simmer on medium for 20 minutes
Now that you’ve mastered lentils, here’s a delicious recipe you can try at home.
Lentils & Rice with Onions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1¼ cups dry lentils
- ¾ cup uncooked rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, place lentils in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add onions, rice, salt, and pepper to the lentils. Cover with water and stir well. Cover the saucepan with a lid and continue to simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice and lentils are tender.
- Serve warm.