Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of beta carotene, vitamin C, and potassium. Just one sweet potato gives you 400% of the vitamin A you need each day.
- Wash potato. Cut off ends and then cut in half length-wise.
- Lay potato flat. Cut in half again and then into wedges.
- Toss with oil and salt. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Here’s a delicious recipe you can try at home:
Sweet Potato Fries
Makes 6 servings
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil (canola, vegetable, olive)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash sweet potatoes well.
- Cut sweet potatoes into wedges.
- Toss with oil and salt and arrange on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Enjoy warm.
Recipe courtesy of Iowa State University’s Spend Smart. Eat Smart.