Avocados are fun to eat, nutritious, and heart-healthy.
- Cut in half lengthwise around the seed. Twist halves apart.
- Tap seed firmly with knife blade and twist to remove.
- Gently cut into squares without piercing skin.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. Discard skin and seed.
Here’s a delicious recipe you can try at home:
Makes 1 servings
- ½ avocado, peeled and seeded
- ½ teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 slice whole grain bread, toasted
- Optional: Red pepper flakes, scrambled or fried eggs
- Toast the bread.
- Combine avocado, lemon or lime juice, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mash and mix with a fork.
- Spread avocado mixture on top of toasted bread.
- If desired, top with red pepper flakes or scrambled or fried eggs.