Makes 4 servings
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoons oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 cups vegetables (carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, peas, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- black pepper, to taste
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Pour eggs into skillet. Cook until eggs are completely cooked (2-3 minutes). Remove eggs to a plate and set aside.
- Heat oil to skillet. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened. Stir in rice, vegetables, and soy sauce. Heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Add back eggs and heat through. Sprinkle with pepper, before serving.