Maximize your impact in the fight against hunger and create a campaign for the Big Payback!
This year, our goal is to raise $50,000 to help us purchase much-needed, additional food as Second Harvest continues our work on helping our Middle and West Tennessee at risk of hunger access the meals they need during The Big Payback, May 4-5.
It’s a BIG goal, but you can help us reach it by creating a Big Payback campaign. WHAT IS A CAMPAIGN?
A Big Payback campaign is a personalized fundraiser that you create to share why you support our mission and to encourage your friends and family to give.
You get to name your campaign, set a fundraising goal, and can even offer to match funds raised.
HOW TO CREATE A CAMPAIGN
1. Go to TheBigPayback.org and sign in as a donor. If you don’t already have a free donor account, create one.
2. Head directly to our Big Payback profile page or search for Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee. Click the Create Campaign Page button.
3. Create your campaign and click the “Submit Campaign for Approval” button. Your campaign will appear on our Big Payback profile page once we approve it.
Note! Supporters will be able to create campaigns only until The Big Payback begins at 6:00pm on May 4. After that, existing campaign pages can be edited, but new ones can’t be created.
4. Starting at 6:00pm on Wednesday, May 4, encourage your friends and family to give to your campaign. The funds you raise will go towards helping us reach our $50,000 goal!
TIP AND TRICKS
1) Donate to your own campaign. Research shows that people who donate to their own fundraiser raise substantially more than those who don’t.
2) Tell your friends! Post on social media and email your family, friends, and coworkers about your campaign. Be sure to include your campaign’s unique URL to make giving easy!
3) Ask for specific donation amounts. If you ask people to donate $50, you’re more likely to get $50 donations than $10 or $20 donations.
4) Give updates. Did you raise your first $100? Or get halfway to your goal before noon? Let your network know! Giving updates keeps your friends and family invested in your campaign and more likely to give.
5) Say thanks. Pay it forward by saying thank you to the people who donate to your campaign.