Farmer & Grower Info
We are inspired by the resurgence of small farmers in Middle and West Tennessee. We’ve designed this initiative to increase consumption of local, sustainable food in our community while ensuring less produce goes to waste.
How it Works
- Second Harvest provides volunteers to glean crops on Middle Tennessee farms. This is produce that would otherwise go to waste.
- Second Harvest partner hunger relief agencies receive produce donations to distribute to those in need.
- Greater awareness and appreciation of local agriculture
- Ensuring all crops are fully harvested and distributed
- Ensuring access to nutritious, local food to all
Have excess produce to donate?
All fruit and vegetable farmers in the 46 counties that we serve are invited to participate in this program. To schedule a gleaning, please message us.